“Shaming someone for expressing transphobic views is equivalent to slut-shaming? Tell me more…”
Not wanting to have sex with somebody who is trans does not make somebody transphobic just as not wanting to have sex with somebody of the same gender isn’t homophobic. I can think of a number of legitimate reasons why somebody might make the decision not to have sex with a trans person or a cis person for that mater but at the end of the day it is THEIR choice or their sexual orientation.
If you’re a bigot, and you think that you can’t possibly be attracted to trans women, and you meet a woman and things progress and you get intimate with her… are you attracted to her? Yes. Is she a trans woman? How would you know unless she told you?
Pretending that this is the same as a hetero guy getting intimate with a gay guy is disingenuous and patently ridiculous. There is a very real possibility that you could have a sexual relationship with a trans woman and never be aware of her trans status if she didn’t inform you of it. You’d be none the wiser. Seriously, use the ‘deception’ argument. The rage is always because someone believes that a trans person is cis until they are informed otherwise. But they were still attracted before they knew! Talking about people not being attracted to trans people because of their ‘sexual orientation’ is so laughably inaccurate. You only have to look at murderers who use the ‘trans panic’ defense in order to justify killing a sexual partner who revealed themselves to be trans. The evidence is plain to see. People who are transphobic have NO issues with their attraction to trans people; the issue is entirely in their reaction to having that trans status revealed to them.
“can you maybe suggest some that might actually happen? I mean, seriously, chief, do you think that there’s a person on this planet who assumes all people are trans until proven otherwise?”
How many logical fallacies do you want to throw my way today? Another strawman and a red herring. I never said their was anyone on the planet who assumes that ALL people are trans until proven otherwise but their are certainly situations where they could wrongfully assume somebody is trans.
1. The person might have been talking about trans issues which lead the person to believe they were trans.
2. They might have a slightly masculine face/figure
3. They could be with a group of trans people.
Whether the hypothetical is realistic is besides the point though, I ask again would the person who didn’t want to have sex with a cis person necessarily by cisphobic?
The realism of the scenario is INCREDIBLY important. Cis people aren’t the targets of direct and indirect bigotry from society. Cis people aren’t an oppressed minority denied basic human rights and protection under law. It is entirely irrelevant to propose some farcical scenario where some hypothetical trans-only person only wants to sleep with trans people and would be disgusted to learn that he slept with a cis person. Not only is such a scenario completely ridiculous to the point that it literally doesn’t exist beyond the realm of creepers who objectify people specifically for their trans status (and for someone tossing around the ‘strawman’ bullshit, it’s nice to see some blatant hypocrisy in your argument), but it’s indicative of a wider problem; that you consider the divide between cis people and trans people to be so fundamentally integral to sexuality that there is actually an inherent difference that makes a trans person _utterly unlike_ a cis person. As if we’re not all just people. Your perception of trans people as separate and ‘other’ indicates your inherent transphobia. You are part of the problem.
Would you dump somebody if they told you they only dated trans people? Would you call them a biggot?
If you answered no then maybe you need to reevaluate your position and conciser the possibility that your reasoning was emotionally driven by you finding it harder to get laid than you would if you weren’t born with a Y chromosome.
The honest answer to your query is “no such person exists”. You find me a _single_ example of someone who solely dates trans people without fetishizing trans people and I’ll give you my take on them.
- marjchaos likes this
- goddessoflight08 likes this
- kamododragon likes this
- ecksipoo reblogged this from probablyhuman and added:
- hear-be-monsters reblogged this from lesshumansmorecats
- lilliansmusings reblogged this from lesshumansmorecats
- thechocolatebrigade likes this
- lesshumansmorecats reblogged this from bblackenedbutterfly
- lilacbootlaces reblogged this from bblackenedbutterfly
- xmasandribena reblogged this from genderbitch
- xyalice likes this
- probablyhuman reblogged this from bittergrapes
- inkstainedknitter likes this
- lady-brain reblogged this from 148km
- takemetoponyisland reblogged this from cisnormativity
- teenytinychild likes this
- pelomyxa reblogged this from bittergrapes
- bookwoman84 likes this
- myniamh likes this
- babyshibe reblogged this from theonewhowhistles-archived
- theonewhowhistles-archived reblogged this from cauda-pavonis
- stuffthatisinteresting likes this
- theotterbot likes this
- asblasphemiescoalesce reblogged this from bittergrapes
- tal9000 likes this
- megidophilia reblogged this from bblackenedbutterfly
- sandwichpresss likes this
- obstinatecondolement reblogged this from bittergrapes
- freesamuel likes this
- samuelasaverb reblogged this from lucypaw
- ceeainthereforthat reblogged this from genderbitch and added:
- morguenightmares reblogged this from genderbitch
- yesiamjames reblogged this from lumidingo and added:
- gonorrheagogo likes this
- amydentata likes this
- fillingthespaces likes this
- exceedinglytrans reblogged this from genderbitch
- prinxessmeulin likes this
- genderbitch reblogged this from write-on-red and added:
- write-on-red reblogged this from genderbitch and added:
- dutchbag reblogged this from genderbitch
- dawningofnovelty likes this
- pansycub likes this
- patbee likes this
- beaverbunnydelight likes this
- journalmoore reblogged this from lucypaw
- morguenightmares likes this
- journalmoore likes this
- lucypaw reblogged this from wolfe-bites
- lucypaw likes this